Sustainability at the Cary Arms & Spa
We have undertaken a grand commitment to increase the sustainability throughout the Inn and encouraged new eco-friendly initiatives as per below:
A new waste management system was implemented in May reducing our waste to landfill by around 70%.
- Plastic straws have been replaced by compostable, paper options.
- Single use plastics have almost been eliminated. A state of the art water filtration machine has been procured which provides the still and sparkling water that fills our branded glass Cary Arms water bottles. These are reusable and are now provided complimentary in rooms in place of the plastic bottles.
- We have replaced the complimentary plastic bottles of waste in our check out bags with Can O Water, water in an aluminium cans, this is almost universally recyclable with recycling rates almost triple that of plastic bottles.
- Conventional lighting is being replaced with LED across the site.
- Exterior decking lights for the Beach Huts have been moved from a manual switch to a combination dusk and movement sensor.
- An electric car charging point has been installed in our resident private car park
- Our Chefs use produce throughout the year from local suppliers
- A vegetarian and vegan menu was also introduced last year which is available to all diners