Measures to minimise risk and provide a luxury hotel stay with additional social distancing
I am sure many of you will be wondering whether joining us for your break will increase, make no change, or even decrease, your risk of exposure to Coronavirus compared to the option of staying at home and going about your essential tasks; working, shopping and anything else that may be required. We’ve put together the information below to keep you informed of all we are doing to minimise the risk to our hotel community.
If you would like to spend your time with us in a period of relaxed seclusion, or even to just undertake an increased level of social distancing, we have put the procedures in place to allow you to do so.
- We have held a 5-star hygiene rating since opening in 2009 and always adhere to the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. We are of course putting even more effort into this area due to the current situation.
- Zero cases of Coronavirus have been reported within the hotel community, this includes staff, family of staff, delivery personnel, service providers and guests.
- The South West of England is the region with the lowest number of cases in the UK other than Northern Ireland, as of 15/03/2020.
- The most readily available advice on transmission is that “You are most at risk of infection through prolonged or consistent close contact (within 2 metres) of an infected person for a period of at least 10 to 15 minutes”
- We are able to offer a minimal contact check in and check out on request, with check in forms emailed to you on your arrival date and filled in online, final bills emailed on the morning of departure and payment taken over the phone or charged to the card on file. A member of staff will be available to direct you to your room, where your keys (freshly sanitised) will be waiting for you, whilst keeping a distance that you are comfortable with.
- Room service will be made available to guests on request during this period. For those staying in one of our cottages, deliveries can be arranged to your door.
- We are a spacious and spread out destination, with separate areas of the restaurant, cubby holes and little alcoves where you can sit. Private balconies, spacious residents lounge, terraced gardens, Captains Table and private dining Pod give the option of even more privacy and seclusion during your stay. Other than the person you have chosen to travel with, there is no need for you to be within 2 metres of other guests or staff for a prolonged period.
- We have implemented a much reduced number of maximum diners within our restaurant. This will allows us to give the maximum space available between tables when seating guests.
- Our standalone accommodation units; the Beach Huts, Beach Suites, Shell, Pebble and all self-catering cottages are dispersed throughout the extensive hotel grounds and offer even more privacy; with space, seclusion, private entrances and available access without using hotel common areas.
- Over 99% of our guests arrive by car and without the use of public transport, during this period we are advising all guests to avoid using public transport to reach us. This minimises the chance of infection en-route and subsequent transmission before the display of symptoms.
- All staff are being requested to complete a short questionnaire before commencing each shift relevant to the symptoms of Coronavirus, if any symptoms are present, however minor, they will be asked to isolate themselves from site until advice states it is safe to do otherwise.
- Additional procedures have been put in place around staff rotas and scheduling to ensure staff are also not spending prolonged periods of time in close contact with each other, again reducing the risk of group transmission within the hotel. All staff have been advised on communicating any potential contact with infected persons to us immediately.
- Many common-sense changes have also been made within the hotel such as doors being left open, adjustments to table settings and increased training and awareness on hand washing and personal hygiene. For example our breakfast buffet is now to order with the items you would like prepared individually for you and you will notice our bar and waiting staff taking extra precautions whilst serving your food and drink.
- There are no air circulation systems within the hotel which would aid the dispersal of airborne viral particles.
- COVID-19 is an ‘enveloped’ virus and as such is within a group of viruses deemed easier to kill, whilst outside of a living body, through the use of an effective sanitising agent.
- We use a sanitiser accredited to BS EN 1276 and BS EN 13697 standard, the product is more than capable of killing enveloped viruses within a limited contact time of less than 30 seconds. This sanitiser we use is o3 in liquid form, aqueous ozone. Produced on site we have unlimited access to this product and can therefore use it liberally and as is needed, with no worries of depleting stock or increased cost. This product is currently being used for all cleaning throughout the hotel, tables, bar tops, floors, and each and every other surface you can think of. In addition, we have staff using this product regularly throughout the day on all high use touch points within the hotel, door handles, light switches etc. Each rooms is cleaned, and therefore sanitised with this product.
- Liquid o3 evaporates into standard oxygen as it dries and leaves behind no chemical residue and is not harmful to the environment or the user.
- All linen within the hotel is washed commercially at high temperature with a sanitising product.
- We also possess an o3 gas generator which is being used in each room after a guest checks out and before the next guest checks in. In peer reviewed government studies o3 gas has been shown as able to reduce the presence of virus particles by over 99.99% on both hard and soft surfaces; this includes tables, carpets, curtains, sheets, pillows, walls and everything else inside your room.. If you would prefer your room not to be treated in this way before your stay please contact us so we can arrange this for you.
If you do have any further questions please feel free to get in contact.